Manga of the month!

by - 2:24 PM

I decided to do a new column, that is to say 'Manga of the Month', my favourite manga of the month. At first I wanted to do a 'month favourites' so that I could include fashion, music, drama, anime, game, food.. all things japanese/korean of course! I guess I'll do that too, but I just wanted to do this first.
So, my manga of the month for 'November' are two, let's start with the first one:

"BYE-BYE BROTHER" is a 2014 shoujo by Shinba Rize, according to mangafox it's a oneshot (meaning it's only one chapter long), but I hope it'll be made into a series because it was really cute and fun to read.
Characters & Plot: The main characters are Kotono (in the middle) Yuuga (on the left) and Haru-chi. Kotono is the little sister of Yuuga, a genius and handsome boy who can do everything. So much that he is overly praised by their parents and everybody and that because a burden on little Kotono who is just average.  
Years goes by and Kotono is all grow-up and in high school, trying to win over her crush Haru-chi, and failing at that. Yuuga is no longer in Japan, but has been living abroad to study and then work for some time, so Kotono is living a more easygoing life.
That changes when Yuuga comes back home and everybody is once again mesmerized by him, making Kotono live hell again and putting her in constant bad mood. Yuuga instead wants just to help her 

But Yuuga is not like everybody else is expecting him to be and Kotono will find out his secret soon.. 

My take: It's a really cute story, really easy and fast to read, but it has that surprise element that distinguish it from all the other shoujo mangas out there. Also I really love the art, it's simply beautiful! You should give it a try!

"STRETCH" is the other manga I wanna recommend for this month. It's a josei manga series by Higashiyama Shou, it's from 2013 but I discovered it this month. Right now 28 chapters have been released. 
Characters and Plot: The story revolvs around two women, Komatsu Keiko and Saeki Ran, who are roommates. Keiko is the serious senpai who works for a company while Ran is the carefree kouhai who studies medicine at university. They've know each other from high school, but didn't really became close until much later, right before they ended up living together. 
While they live together they come to know more about each other and also they pick up an interesting hobby: stretching. 

No joke, this manga actually shows a lot of useful stretching exercises! Whatever they go thought, they stretch. Basically it's a slice of life type of manga, but it also contains drama and comedy, as well as romance. About that.. there is a hint of yuri (girl x girl relationship) but it's still very subtle, though I hope it'll develop into something more.

My take: This is also a really easy reading, there is a little bit of drama but it's not hard to read. I like the everyday-pattern story and I look forward at how it'll develop everytime. Even though the art is really simple, not detailed and not really to my usual linking. BUT aside that, what is special about this manga is the stretching part.. it shows exercises you can do at home, it even teaches you how to do them! I love it! 


Until next time ~♡

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram